1

Jonty
13

How to fix my power button

My motorola droid's power button is stuck, which make it that I cant switch on my phone, how can I fix it myself?

2

Walter Galan

I'm not entirely sure if your question pertains to the plastic power button or the actual physical contact. In any case, you can use the Motorola Droid Motherboard Replacement guide to gain access to most of the internal components. From there on, you should be able to replace/fix your power button. Good luck.

1

Michael Ellsworth
13

The button itself on the power button activator is held on with electronics tape, which does not have good adhesion.

Will need good tweasers, really sticky packing tape, and clean sisors.

Tear down the phone till you have decent access to the power button circit board. Using the tweasers carefully remove the power switch tape and the dome activator.

I'd reccomend wearing a mask etc as to not blow away that dome, it is a pain to find!

Cut an appropriately sized piece of tape (I used a 6mm,6mm square and trimmed after) and use the tweasers to move the dome to the tape, sticking the dome to the tape like a bowl on a table, Then carefully slide the tape in and attach it with the dome centered on the switch.

At this point I would test the feel of the switch's click, and if it felt good then pop in the battery and test that it does power on the droid, removing the battery and cycling it a few times. (all subjective) Then when happy trim up the excess tape and close it up.

0

Benjamin Rush
1

Well, this may not be the best solution, but when you plug your Motorola Droid in to charge it, it will turn the phone on.

My Motorola Droid's power button unglued itself from the circuit board when I took it apart. So I was left with no button at all.

To put your phone back to "sleep" without the power button, I found a couple of apps that made for a good "work around". One was called "Off And Lock" (I think) and the other was "Shake Off" (I think). "Shake Off" was cool, but was a grade B app that loaded some kind of adware on my device.

0

yasminebverdusco
1

Well My Phone Is Okay There Is Just One Problem Its Hard To Trun On You Have To Prees It Hard To Turn It On And It Hurts My Finger Bad So I Wanna Fix It So It Can Be Easy To Turn Back On And Of Please HelpMeWith This Eny Body ?!

0

robert fairchild
1

Michael Ellsworth has the correct solution. Thank you Michael! You saved me a bunch of money.

Here is how to disassemble your droid. You do not have to disassemble all the way. I bought the tools from the shop that posted the video for about $10 including shipping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXSmlwUC...

ps- the little metal dome was found loose near the bottom of my phone.

Edited by: robert fairchild ( )

0

Candace
1

how far did you have to break the phone down to access the power button?