1

Steven Maciel
23

How can I get my stuck DVD drive to work?

I somehow got my Xbox DVD drive stuck. It is stuck about a half inch out and it will move a little but not much. It wont close completely or open. Is there a way to fix this without buying a new drive? Maybe it got knocked off track? I can disassemble if needed.

Edited by: Steven Maciel ( )

2

Steven Maciel, you may have to disassemble your xbox as well as the optical drive. Check on here on how to get there. After that open the drive and see if it is on track. Before you do that, you can of course check on here and see if that will help you with your stuck tray. I would definitely not attempt to force the tray. Hope this helps, good luck.

Well my problem is that i can't move the tray and a lot of the tutorials around say to pull the tray out and since i can't do that i can't fix it. I can't find out how to open the drive and get the tray off either but if i can get the tray off without sliding it i should be able to get it back on track.

Steven Maciel,

You may have to totally disassemble your Xbox to take the drive out and then repair it. Or you could try to gentlyjiggle the tray while pulling on it.

I tried thar to see if something was jammed in there, but i cant find tutorials saying what to do beyond pulling the drive itself out of the Xbox.

Steven Maciel,

take a look on here http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/thomp... it explains how to align the tray.

I ended up fixing it by dissasembling the DVD drive and pulling the tray out of the top then resetting the lazer and rails to the fully open position and sliding the tray back into place.

Steven Maciel,

0

shabbir yamani
1

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/man...

or you can try just the faceplate removal....