0

Moshe Epstein
1

How to copy contacts to SIM card?

How can I copy my contacts from the iPhone (3GS) to my SIM card so I can have a copy of it?

Edited by: rj713, machead3, and oldturkey03 ( ) , Moshe Epstein ( )

Is it a jailbroken phone. I recall that you can do it with an app if it is jailbroken, if it is not than you can not do it. Well, unless you have a Nokia phone as well, then there would be a workaround.

Yes, it is a jailbroken phone. Do you remember the app's name so I can do it? TIA.

Moshe Epstein,

2

Rajan
55

iPhone does not support directly copying of iPhone contacts to the SIM memory. Easiest would be to

1.Transfer iPhone contacts to PC

2. Use a third-party SIM manager program in combination with an external USB SIM-card drive for your PC in order to save the iPhone contacts from your PC to the SIM card.

3. You are all set!

Having a jailbroken iPhone complicates matters, as you cannot use iTunes to sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook or Windows contacts in order to transfer the contacts in both steps 1. and 2. you need to use third-party programs.

1

haozh
13

You cannot copy iPhone contacts to the SIM. The iPhone does not store or reference contacts on a SIM. The iPhone contact format is not compatible with a SIM; it has a lot more information than a SIM can contain.

The way to protect against crashes is to sync your iPhone to Address Book on your computer on a regular basis. This is how the phone is intended to be used.

You can copy contacts to another iPhone by syncing with Address Book on your computer.

Edited by: haozh ( )

1

ahahaha
1

As I know , you can not copy your contacts from the iPhone (3GS) to SIM card, but you can transfer your data, including photo, songs, videos and playlist and more. The program allows you to back up and restore all of your iPod, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch content like your favorite songs, videos, photos, play lists and more.

If you want to protect your data, you can try to use iPhone transfer tool.

Good luck!

1

jackadision
13

While copying contacts to sim some contacts if data loss occurs then you can recover them back to your iPhone 3GS by applying iPhone 3GS contacts recovery tool. This tool is free to use. So apply it and get your inaccessible data back. Download this tool for free from http://www.iosdevicerecovery.info/iphone...

This answer was originally to another question.

0

Moshe Epstein, there are iPhone applications that allow you to transfer your contact information from your contacts list to your SIM card. The iPhone will have to be a Jailbroken one, for the apps to work. The ones I know are Simanager and iSim. iSim was originally for the original iPhone, so you might have to check on it. Here isa description on how to do it. There may of course be other apps, so you might need to look around. Hope this helps, good luck.

0

Ace Ng
1

it coule be done via simanager from cydia, its a free app.....

0

jennnyfer
1

If you accidentally deleted your iPhone contacts, you can get the help of the iPhone Contacts Recovery. Here are 2 simple solutions for you to recover them.

Scan and retrieve your lost contacts directly from your iPhone or extract your contacts from the iTunes backup when you lost your iPhone. iTunes can automatically back up your iPhone contacts and update it every time when you sync it.

Read more:

How to Recover contacts to SIM card from iPhone 3GS