0

OgCorndogg
1

Why wont my lcd screen stay powered?

I recently got my computer put back together after a long while of sitting on my desk collecting dust. It starts up and everything but backlight is not lighting up. When i hit the power button it does the regular startup the beeeeeem, the gray screen comes up and the backlights on for a second then the backlight turns off but the apple stays on.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Andrew Optimus Goldberg ( )

0

Stefano Gigante

Well, it could be the Inverter, the cable from logic board to inverter, the LCD backlight or, in a percentage so negligibile that I'd not even count that possible, the capacitor on the Logic Board that fuels the Inverter.

Were you, I'd try with a fresh inverter. If that doesn't work, with a new inverter cable. Failing that, a new LCD panel.

I've got a Macbook 13'' myself whose backlight is slightly acting up, and I plan to fix it among some other "old age issues". They told me about desoldering the CCFL lamp and putting a new one, but that's a difficoult operation, so many people just swap a fresh LCD panel.

But as the LCD is the most costly part of the trio, you should first try with the inexpensive "Inverter + Inverter Cable" combo. Works 95% of the time.

It also would be useful if you gave us the last four letters of the Serial number, to gauge which model is the machine.

Edited by: Stefano Gigante ( )

0

eshi
1

My Macbook (AZ64) will turn on normal then the backlight go out. I close the Macbook and open again I hear the DVD kick in and he backlight come on right after for 2 seconds then turn off by itself. This happens every time I open the Macbook. Should I just try to replace the Inverter + Inverter cable to solve the problem? Please help.

Already answered in your question. The Inverter is a safe bet.

Stefano Gigante,