0

Mike
1

Dropped iPhone in a mixed drink, touch screen works but no lighting?

So I dropped my iPhone 4 in a mixed drink the other night, immediately removed it and turned it off. after putting it next to a fan for about half an hour I turned it on, the apple logo showed up and immediatley vanished. at this point i realized the sound and vibrate still worked as people would call and text me throughout the night.

the following day I put the phone in rice for a while. after about 12 hours I decided to try it out again, and surprisingly the phone was still on, but still with no screen light. every function of the phone works accordingly, I even took it to the gym the other day and used it as a kind of iPod shuffle as I couldn't select which songs i wanted. I can still answer phone calls, and I can even vaguely see the screen when the phone's screen is in direct sunlight or when I shine an iPhone camera light onto it. the phone still makes calls, texts, takes picture, syncs to the computer, all perfectly fine. the only problem is that there's no light whatsoever to illuminate the screen.

is the phone salvageable? i found a screen replacement on ebay, if i were to order this and install it, taking out the other screens, would these new LCD screens light my phone and work accordingly?

thanks for any/all help.

1

Mike, I would start of by following this guide. It will help to prevent corrosion damage and failure later on. then replace the battery. you can re-evaluate after that and if you still should not have any backlight, it will be time to replace the LCD. On the flip side of that, it is also possible that you shortened out the backlight IC on the logic board. It is fixable as well,but not quite as easy. Hope it will work for you good luck.