0

Mikolaj
1

iPhone 4 Contact Clip what for?

Today I 'played' with my iPhone, removed the back and lost the contact clip. Now when I connect my iPhone to the charger the charging shows up, but actually my phone is not charging at all. Does the contact clip take part on charging the device?

Pls, help me!

Could you take a photo of this "clip" so we can see what exactly you are talking about? Cheers ;)

martin,

2

qpunk

This clip should not play a role in charging (I might be wrong). I would try reseating the battery connecter and check if its connected properly.

As well it is a possibility the ribbon from the connector to the battery might be damaged.

hope this helped.

1

Daniel
25

This pin connects the GSM antenna on the back plate to the phone. Without it you would get a very weak signal.

0

Mikolaj
1

This one martin: Contact clip

iPhone 4 Contact Clip (GSM/AT&T)

Also called the pressure contact, this is the clip that goes next to the battery connector. — 10 available at 5.95 each.

0

olubukola ogunsola
1

i was trying to fix my wife's iphone screen and i went well but the problem is i can't figure out how the battery contact clip was originally placed. i watched the video on this site but the piece is too small in the video , cant somone show me a link to a picture that explains it. thanks

0

Brandon
1

hello, I replaced my iphone 4 lcd and digitizer and I have put it all back together and I have found out that I have very bad signal sometimes even it drops out and says "searching and no sim?. When I look back at the phone I found that I was missing this clip, could this be the problem?

plz. Help

0

Stefan B
1

hello ! sometimes when you disconnect the battery is necesary to restore your iphone.if not, your gsm signal is weak,phone app has 1st hardware error aka you can call but nobody answer and you cannot close the call even if you press the home/lock button and the list may continue.that clip is seems has a important purpose in gsm signal because thru it, the back cover which works like a antena gives you more signal. i hope it was helpful !

Edited by: Stefan B ( )