0

Stan
1

iPhone 4 home button works poorly after a small water spill?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Hey all,

New to this site, can't believe a great site like this exists!

So here's my problem...

My girlfriend spilt water on her iPhone 4 (GSM) just so its clear.. about 4-5 months ago.

Ever since the water spill, the phone's home button does not work well.

What do I mean? - Well it does work, but only if you press on it quite hard, specifically the pressing has to target the center upper edge of the button. That is the only way it is functional at all. As you can imagine doing a "hard reset" is a HUGE pain in the butt, because you can never be sure if the home button is activated or not.

I was wondering if simply buying a new home button from this great looking site, along with any other necessary materials will be sufficient to fix this problem?

Well thats about it..

Looking forward to your answers,

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Stan ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

geohatz
1

Replacing the home button should work for you.

My problem was similar. After almost a year of use, the iPhone 4 home button became less responsive. I had the phone sent for repair and moisture was detected inside the device. As the warranty was void, I decided to replace the button myself. It works like a charm now, responsive as on day one.

0

vandutran
1

I got the same problem, where was the moisture found? On the home button, or on the sensor for the home button? Is this package enough? iPhone 4 Home Button Assembly

iPhone 4 Home Button Assembly

Includes the home button and home button cable to connect to the phone. Compatible with all iPhone 4 models: GSM (AT&T) and CDMA (Verizon). Black and white options available. — 50+ available at 14.95 each.

No idea. All I know is the moisture sensor was triggered. This package should be enough. In case it turns out not to be, you could try replacing the dock connector as well.

geohatz,

0

mark tulejko
1

not working at o cant turn on after water

If the issue started after water damage you probably only need to disassemble the phone and clean the contact points between the homebutton flex and the connector on the dock connector and clean the back of the button and the frame contact point. This fixes 90% of them.

Craig,