0

Johnell Hipol
1

Why won't my MacBook Pro 2009 start up?

My macbook pro just decided to freeze and not let me force quit my applications. I tried restarting it, but not I can't boot it up. I am trying to fix the disk, but now I can't do that either. Recently, my mac takes too long to start up. What can I do?

I attempted to do that and now the spinning wheel stops turning. I took the mac to the apple store to see what's wrong with it. They said that the hard drive is damaged and I have to reinstall the OS. I have ordered a 750 GB 7200 RPM hard drive for my 15 inch Macbook Pro. Thanks to your guides that I'll be able to replace it. The only thing I need to do is to find a way to transfer the data from the current hard drive to the new hard drive.

Johnell Hipol,

2

mayer

Start up from your system installation disk, "C" key. Go to the second screen pull down menu to Utilities > Disk utility. Select your hard drive in the left hand column and run repair on it till it runs clear. Next repair your permissions. Let us know your results please.