0

Score

Avatar
hanif khair
1

Asked

My iPhone cant turn on

History

my i phone cant turn on even

my laptop also cannot detect this even i plugged in it for many times..

and when i'm trying to charges my iphone

the cover become hot

why?

why all this happen

help me pliz

Edited by: mayer ( ) , pollytintop ( )

any drop or water damage? any problems with charging or crashing phone before this?

pollytintop,

no i take care my i phone carefully..but then i got there was a day where my iphone lack of battery and when i tried to charger my iphone..the screen..keep blinking and then it turn dark.. after that i cant charger my iphone anymore..whenever i charger it..it turn hot..and my laptop also cannot detect my iphone.. any idea?

hanif khair,

Post Answer

2

Score

Avatar
Phillip Takahashi
32.6k

Answered

Accepted Answer

PermalinkHistory

It SOUNDS like a dead battery. Lithium polymer batteries degradation is exponential...when they start to fail, they fail fast. Your phone getting hot is probably an indication that the charging circuitry over working itself to charge the bad battery, and may also be the battery getting hot from resisting charging. Try replacing the battery first and be sure to replace with only a 3GS battery, iPhone 3G batteries will not work.

Product Image

iPhone 3GS Replacement Battery

Replacement 1219 mAh battery for iPhone 3GS. Compatible with all iPhone 3GS models. Does not require soldering. — 43 available at 19.95 each.

ill try it after dis..how about problem which iphone cant be detect by laptop..is that also bcoz of the battery???

hanif khair,

no power from phone=no message to computer. This is why your phone can't be detected, change the battery and it should be good. I agree with what Phillip has advised you.

pollytintop,

0

Score

Avatar
Paul
121

Answered

PermalinkHistory

Check with a torch the LCI's there is one in the headphone jack and one in the dock of the iPhone, there is also two inside if you can open the phone. They go red when wet

can u xplain a little bit..i get confuse with ur instruction.. wat u mean by they go red when wet?

hanif khair,

I believe what Paul is referring to, are the LCI, liquid contact indicator. they are normally white but turn red whenever the device is exposed to liquids, i.e. water damage.

oldturkey03,

ok..ill try to check it up..

hanif khair,

Add Your Answer

View Statistics:

Today: 3

This Week: 9

This Month: 31

All Time: 3,063