0

Raj Bala
11

Reset BIOS to avoid Express Gate Cloud OS

Hi

Recently I bought ASUS Eee PC 1015PX, detail is available at

http://uk.asus.com/Eee/Eee_PC/Eee_PC_101...

Initially it came with Windows 7 Starter edition and ASUS Express Gate Cloud OS. I was not Happy with windows 7 starter edition and had copy of windows 7 Professional so i installed Win 7 Pro. In the process I lost ASUS Express Gate Cloud OS.

To recover ASUS Express Gate Cloud OS, I restore my netbook using recovery partition accessed by pressing F9 key during boot. After system restore to factory setting I was not able to boot into ASUS Express Gate Cloud OS.

Lastly I downloded ASUS Express Gate Cloud OS from ASUS website for the model and installed it. I run OS switcher program and selected third option "ExpressGate Cloud + Windows" and restarted the netbook.

Now my netbook won't boot. I can't even see BIOS screen. It starts and in few seconds is stuck at blank screen with blinking cursor on top right corner.

Can anyone please tell me is there a way to reset bios so it boot up.

Thanks.

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , Raj Bala ( )

3

Now here is what you can try first.

a.) Removing battery

b.) Unplug mains

c.) Press-and-hold the power button for 10 seconds

d.) Reinstall battery, plug in mains etc, then try again.

If that does not work, and please do try it a few times, there is another way. Remove the RAM cover and short out the two copper pads that are in the area across from the RAM slot. Do it with no battery and no power plugged in. You should see same small triangles

▼ and CLRTC should be right next to it. I use a paperclip to shorten out the points. If this sounds like something you do not like to tackle, I would also try and get it replaced under warranty since it seems like a fairly new machine. Good Luck and I hope this will get you back on track...

First of all thanks for your response. I already tried first method but it didn't work. For the second method I opened the ram cover mine looks different than the picture you attached so i am not sure what to do. The following link shows picture of under ram cover. http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb40... If you could point out in this picture it would be great. I just purchased it this week so hope wont have waranty issue but i already have data on it so wanted to try to fix it myself rather than getting it replaced. Once again thanks for your help.

Raj Bala,

you are welcome....;-) Right hand side of your board are the two up and down arrows and I believe it says SCLRTC1 that looks like where you can give it a try.

Sorry once again do i have to touch those two triangles with paperclip is it?

Raj Bala,

I touched those two triangles and now i can go to bios and its working. Thanks a lot. You have been saviour. Have good weekend.

Raj Bala,

Have a great weekend yourself and all the best to you.....Thanks for accepting my answer ;-)

0

ankit
1

what to do after entering setup??

ankit, you really should ask your own question. What is the problem you are having? What are you trying to accomplish?

0

Arvijay Dela Torre
1

so there's no fix to re-installing the express gate cloud os?

0

eric
1

ive done this in hopes of clearing the hd/bios password that im prompted for every time i start the computer to no avail i can get into the bios set up menu but i just cant get past that password

0

Henry
1

i incounter a problem .

BOOTMGR is missing

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

What can i do?

0

Jerry
1

I think you can try to visit: http://www.recoverlostpassword.com