0

Irfan
1

Sim card wont go in after water damage

Hey guys need some help. I water damaged my iPhone iPhone 3GS. I put it in a bowl of rice and also blow dryed it a few times on low heat. After a few days the phone works except the screen is much dimmer and it flicks a little bit but other than that works great. It connects to itunes and can sync BUT i cant insert the SIM card into the slot. The tray by itself wont go in either. I tried using compressed air but that didnt help. It fits all the way in except the last little portion.

Any suggestions?

3

pollytintop

turn your phone off, hold power 5 seconds then slide to power off and clean your phone properly....Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage I know it's a 3g in the model but the similarities are close in these 2 phones. Pay special attention to your sim slot. Your phone will last longer if it has no corrosion going on...you'll see in the photos that all is dry but everything is slowly corroding away.

Thanks but that looks complicated. Im going to the apple genius and see what they say.

Irfan,

sounds okay, it's good to know ones limits. Let us know how it is going. Good Luck

OK so i took it to the apple store and they looked at it. They said the mechanism for the SIM card is broken/ there is corrosion. Sad b/c the screen works flawlessly now :(

Irfan,

it is not hard to take apart...just go slowly and surely

pollytintop,

Any video tutorials? also doesnt broken mechanism mean no chance of fixing it?

Irfan,