0

Dominic
1

iPhone does not turn on after dock connector replacement! HELP!

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Hey guys,

i just replaced the dock connector on my brothers 16GB 3gs. it didn't work for the last 3 months. i think i did everything alright, but it just doesn't turn on.

do i have to wait some time till turning on the iphone???

help me please.

thx

dom

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Andrew Bookholt ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

Before you replace anything else. Use a multimeter and see if you have power at the battery when you plug your cable into the dock connector. Always double check your work and make sure you do not have any crossed contacts etc.

If the IPhone is not charging or connecting to itunes, even after replasing the dock connector, it might be an shortcut. i had one on mine, because i cleaned my device while it was still turned on. in that case, the problem is not the dock connector, but the logic board. i`m not quite shure how you can repair this problem yourself, i just submitted then and gave my iphone to a repair shop. 52 euros and everythings working fine again.

moritz,

0

pcmaclinuxGeek
451

Is the battery ok? Try to replace the battery. I include part below.

iPhone 3GS Replacement Battery

Please note that if replacing the battery does not help, it may be the logic board.

iPhone 3GS Replacement Battery

Replacement 1219 mAh battery for iPhone 3GS. Compatible with all iPhone 3GS models. Does not require soldering. — 44 available at 19.95 each.