0

Jason Appel
1

Green Fuzzy Screen on ipad on occasion

I have an iPad 1. The screen will occasionally go green and fuzzy. It seems that all the colors aren't showing correctly. Black and white seem to display fine.

This will happen and it will suddenly go back to normal after a while.

I thought this was the LCD going bad so I replaced it.

A few days go by with the new LCD installed and BAM the Green fuzzy screen is back!

It does this about 40% of the time.

Any ideas?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( )

0

David Hodson

Sounds like some sort of hardware problem with the graphics, from what I've seen on various forums. It's a known problem throughout the iPad lineup, so you might consider taking it to your local Apple Store and seeing if they'll swap it out for a new one.

Thanks David. I'm not the original owner of this iPad so I'm not sure what Apple will say. I would like to fix it myself but will go to Apple if I can't find a solution. Best Regards Jason

Jason Appel,

0

Terry Arcia
1

Okay, This happened with me. Went to Mac store and they said this happens when u drop you iPad. I didn't think I dropped mine, but they showed me where the dent is... Must of dropped it! They told me that I was SOL. I got home and it got worse. I read on a Mac forum ain't it said it whack your iPad. I whacked it, it when black.... I whacked it a couple more times it. Came back worst... Then I whacked it again and now it is working fine... For now.

0

Adam Shawyer
1

My 12 month old son dropped the ipad which i left on the table. The screen went green and fuzzy. I picked it up and pressed on the screen in the corners - it then worked fine, but it is delicate now which leads me to think that the display cable is loose.

0

cindy g
1

Can't believe we fixed it. We dropped it and the it was green and pink with bubbles ste. We could see some of it. I began reading online. I tried tapping it in the corner. No improvement so I read drop it on a hard surface from an inch or two and guess what it resored beautiful. All of this is after resetting trying to fix on itunes etc. Worth a try!!