0

Tom
1

What will I need to replace my power button and cable?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I was recently looking at my power button because its fell out. I opened the phone and saw a bit of plastic/tape under the button.

I pulled it out and it was a bit of tape with two small metal connector on it.

I am going to replace my headphone/power button flex cable and get a new power button to put in place but will i need this piece of tape and if so where do i get it from/will it come with my new flex cable?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Tom ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

Nick

This connector is one piece, so yes, you are changing the volume and sleep/wake buttons on the same cable

No worries tough!

About the tape, replace it to avoid any shorts to be safe

Polyimide Tape

this is the tape

Edited by: Nick ( )

Polyimide Tape

108 foot rolls of Polyimide tape. Perfect match with OEM Apple Part# 922-1731 tape. Half-inch (.5") width. — 50+ available at 9.95 each.

I know this, I am more concerned about the tape that I pulled out with the 2 small metal connectors.

Tom,

where can i get this tape from. It had 2 little round metal 'connectors'. One was loose and could be pulled of and one was almost embedded in the tape

Tom,

iFixit sells Kapton take, most likey used on your iPhone, just get the thinner roll, I have added it to my awnser

Nick,