1

mona
13

Disabling usb mass storage mode

Recently I plug my USB cable into my computer and now I cannot get USB mass storage mode off my garmin nuvi 200w

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , pollytintop, machead3, erthw46uhw4t, osvaldo, and rj713 ( )

10

The information provided is from here and explains why it does that. "Garmin Mass Storage Mode devices no longer communicate with a computer with the Garmin Protocol but instead present themselves as a USB mass storage device. When a USB cable is connected between a Garmin Mass Storage Mode GPS device and a computer, the GPS device enters mass storage mode." so you could try the reboot by :

1) Disconnecting the nuvi from the charging cable.

2) Press and hold the battery meter icon for 8 seconds. This puts the nuvi into "system test" mode.

3) Plug in the power cable.

4) Click "Exit." The nuvi should now reboot, but remain in GPS mode!

The only other thing I can think of is that you might require a new cable, if this just came up. Good Luck and I hope this information helps.

Thank you much for this fix!!!! It worked!! Kathleen Marie

Kathleen Marie Miller,

you are very welcome ;-)

Thank you, oldturkey03. Save me $$$.

Mark Koh,

@Mark Koh, you are welcome.

0

Ron Harmon
1

my usb cord is used as my charger the end that plugs in to the computer is plugged into a car charger adapter