0

Adam
1

The television will not turn on, power light blinks 10 times (red)

From my preliminary research, I think it has to do with a fuse and the internal power supply. Anyone have any instructions on how to replace it/what parts I need to buy?

I also found this guide:

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/51jf...

Is it worth me persuing individually, or should I just take it to a repair shop?

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , mayer ( ) , Adam ( )

well it would depend how well versed you are in troubleshooting and board replacement as well as trying to find the right board. I would use a manual to at least narrow down the problem, and try to find the cost for a board.Then compare that to the cost for the shop repair. Benefit to professional repair is that it is "hopefully" done right and you will have some sort of warranty.

3

This is what I get from the Panasonic 9th generation plasma "If any of the SUB or MAIN voltages that are high-lighted on the DG Board is missing, the unit goes into shutdown.The power LED blinks ten times.

If any of the voltages created on the PA Board is excessive or shorted, the unit goes into shut-down. The power LED blinks ten times." Here is a training manual for the Panasonic 9th gen Plasma TV and it will show you all the testing points as well as ideas of where to look for the error on your TV. As with any TV, be careful of anything high Voltage and watch yourself. Just posted the complete service manual on here for you. Stay Safe and good luck

@oldturkey23 I have a similar problem and tried to access the guides you posted but I don't have access to them. Can you re post them or give me access to the documents ? ? Thanks in advance !!!!

sigfried,

sigfried, they should be back up. I do have to turn them off after a few weeks to make room for new manuals.

1

sam ashwood
13

power light blinking 10 times, i removed the back of my panasonic viera 42" tv and using a make up brush and low power hoover removed all the dust, fluff and debris from the fans and boards. switched it on and it now works perfectly, its def worth a try.

0

BaK
1

The same thing happened to my Panasonic. Some say to hold the power button in for 10 seconds to reset it and that usually works. Sometimes it needs to be done a few times. My resolution was to plug it into a different circuit in the house. Obviously there was too many compnents on the same circuit and TVs (good ones), will protect themselves from frying and have to be reset. If the new circuit area is working for you in another adjacent room, just tap off of that one and install an new outlet in the room in which the TV is. Think positive! It's not always the Red Light Death!"

Hope this helps!

Changed power outlet - worked great. Must have had overloaded power strip.

leftystephen,

0

Rod Cortez
1

Both of these solutions worked great! I moved the power supply connection to a different circuit and used a portable vacuum to clean the dust from all of the vents on the back of the tv.

Thanks for your help as I had planned watching a full slate of college football today!

0

Michael Bueltel
1

I don't know how many times it actually blinked...but I unplugged it for a few seconds...plugged it back in, it was still blinking and wouldn't turn on. Unplugged it again but left it unplugged for much longer. Plugged it in again and now it works fine.

This could be due to me having a different media center PC linked to this plug in. I think the power on it is much more powerful than the old one. But I havent had any other problems other than this.

Michael Bueltel,

0

aidan
1

Panasonic TH- P50G10A

Read all the forums and now believe its all a crok. I had a 10 blink issue just started turned on the telly in the morning and it comes on for 5 seconds then turns off 10 blink warning. Read all the crap about board this and capacitor that so tried the reset. no change.

Unplugged the telly for 30 mins Took off the back used a small art brush to loosen all dust and vaccumed carefully especially the fans up the top. Put it all back together and then voila it all worked perfectly, incidentially I have a xbox, ps3, foxtel box, surround sound and wii all plugged in at the same time

Thank you very much for your answers guys, my TV had the same issue where standby light is blinking and TV is not turning on. I used the process as you all to clean the fan at the back of the TV. It worked guys now my TV is working. Thx again guys

aka,

0

donnie smith
1

I went into freak out mode when my 4 year old, rarely used 42 inch Panasonic plasma did the same thing. I did the whole "depress the power button for 10 seconds" "unplugged it for long periods of time" and "plug it into a different circuit" Boom! Still the same problem. I unplugged it one last time and I got up and went to Best Buy to possibly buy a new tv. Once there after seeing the super low prices of better technology 42 inch tv's I thought maybe it was time to purchase something new anyway. After about an hour in Best Buy, I decided not to buy anything new and there is no way my 4 year old Panasonic was broken and needed a repair shop. When I got back home after being away about 3 hours, I plugged it back in with no true expectation that it would work. Boom! It's still not working!. I did the "depress the power button" again, still nothing. So I gave up and unhooked all the components (Comcast Cable Box, Sony Google TV player and a Samsung Blu Ray player, all connected via HDMI) and carried it to an unused room in my home and made room for another TV. Once in the other room I plugged it in and Boom! It worked. So now I'm really puzzled.

To possibly narrow down the problem, because it was too heavy to carry back and forth, I hooked it up to an extension cord and plugged it back into the same circuit that it was initially plugged into and it was still working. I re-hooked the Sony Google TV player to it and it still worked. I then took the TV back to its original spot and reconnected all of the components to it and it worked fine.

The only thing that I can think was the problem was the long period of time that it was disconnected and the fact that after I did the reset, I unplugged it again and re - plugged it regardless to where it was plugged it worked. Because now it's in the original spot and working fine.

The only other thing I can think of is it was originally within close proximity (not on top) of a floor heat register. I have since moved it about 6 more inches away from it.

I guess you have to be patient and try a combination of simple things to remedy the problem before you start removing the back of the TV and replacing boards, fuses, circuits (especially if you have no experience). And as the BB salesperson placing it on craigslist to sale for parts or even placing it on the curb for trash. It could be something very simple. But a new 40 inch Samsung Smart TV for $300 less than I paid for the Panasonic sure sounded good.

Edited by: donnie smith ( )

0

schecter yair
1

I had similar problem. TV red light blink but the tv does not start. It'a must be because of the dust on the circules. I bught a anti static spree for electronic devices and used it on the back of the tv, even only throw the cracks for vent on the back and it's working

This Month: 2,783