0

Steve
1

Why does my touch screen not respond

At times my touch screen will not respond. I turn off the power button and then back on and screen works again. This is a 32 GB model running iOS 4.2.1.

Edited by: mayer ( ) , Andrew Bookholt ( )

2

pollytintop

this can also be one of the early signs of a dying battery... if this is the original from new battery it may be on it's way out. you may also notice that the battery life doesn't seem as good or you're charging more frequently.

1

Miguel Delgadillo
109

Observe your iPhone very well and check if you have enough space on disk, sometimes this could cause your iPhone to become too sloooow and that makes you think the screen is unresponsive.

Of course, when you turn off/on you iPhone again you free some memory up and that makes the trick of a pretty responsive screen.

On the other side, that could be due to a failure on your touch screen flex cable.

Hope this can help you.

Greetings!

Miguel, which disk would that be?

My mistake oldturkey03 I meant available space on your iPhone which of course have no disks at all. Sorry about that Greetings!

Miguel Delgadillo,

good man for making your answer more clear.

pollytintop,

Sounds good to me :-) to many apps and to many files an surely mess with the memory quickly:-)