2

clmcsc
25

What is the lock symbol with a circle/arrow around it?

Recently, a mysterious symbol appeared next to the battery symbol on my iPhone. It is a lock with an arrow circle around it. How do I get rid of it and what is it?

Edited by: Jake Devincenzi ( ) , rj713 and mayer ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

9

A padlock with a circular arrow around it in the status bar at the top the screen means that the phone is locked to portrait mode and will not rotate to landscape mode. This can be turned on and off by double clicking home so that your open apps are displayed then swiping these icons to the right until your iPod controls appear, you should see an icon with a circular arrow. This icon locks your screen rotation. Good Luck and I hope this helps

Learn something new every day! :-) thanks

pollytintop,

perfect, thats it, click home button twice, swipe it to the right so it goes left last grey button on the left that looks just like the icon itself...THX

randbentertainmentusa,

You're right! I swiped once from left to right, and I saw the icon! Thanks so much. My little boogers are always messing with my phone!

heidirundle,

Thanks a lot for the help! found it... :) SPAM removed

phoebegayle,

what do you do on ipod 4g

loo,

1

Yanoret Salazar
13

Get rid of the lock by just sweep your finger from bottom to top. It's like a shortcut. It is the very last button from left to right.

0

Jaydene
1

When your iPhone 5 is locked double click the home button, using your finger or thumb swipe from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen, the control menu appears and you click on the icons to activate or deactivate them

0

chidie
1

Slide your finger from bottom of the screen to top of the screen fast. (Same way to access you flash light or camera now) and you'll see it on the top right corner of screen. Very easy to do.

I have an iPhone 4 and swiped from the bottom up and found it...i was trying the other way by swiping to the right after double clicking the home key and it was not working at all.

beedwar,

0

karin
1

for the iphone 4, which didn't seem to be addressed: go to settings. go to control center.swipe from bottom to top hard and fast. a gray screen comes up with that icon in upper right hand corner. tap it once and you're landscaping will no longer be locked!

0

Allen Rohn
1

Just swipe up from the bottom of your home page, then touch the rotate lock icon in the upper left corner. It's that simple! Someone should inform verizon associates because I went there and no one, not even the store manager knew how to fix the problem. Thanks oldturkey 03.

0

kameelahb
1

Thank you!!! I slid my finger from bottom to top and I saw the icon.

0

Jenn
1

Thank you so much for posting this!!!!! My 3 year old terrorizes my phone and it has been stuck with that stupid symbol forever driving me crazy!!!! Fixed it today with your help! Thank you!!!!

0

Pam
1

Thank Q soooo much for posting this article, the symbol appeared a few days ago and has been driving me mad I read your article and followed your instructions and hey presto

It's gone at last cheers

0

Kitty Lloyd
1

I have a 4s and this doesn't seem to be working ?

This Week: 6,393

This Month: 44,533