2

adamorth
35

Do I need logic board silver ground strap?

There is a gap in the otherwise excellent instructions on this site in regards to replacing my iPod's logic board. What do I do about the silver ground strap that remains attached to my old logic board once I've completed all the instructions?

One post on this site says you don't need it. Another says you do.

I'm assuming I need it since, after all, my iPod came with it. I've managed to pry the old one off and attach it to my new logic board. However, it seems to me this gap in the instructions should be filled.

Edited by: adamorth ( )

2

+Honestly I have just changed two of the boards and did not use the ground strap and it did not cause any problems on the iPods. You are absolutely right, if and when you can get it of the old logic board, it is always wiser to apply it to the new one. Did you write a note on the instructions? That way others will become aware of it. good observation...;-)

Thank you for accepting my answer and wishing you years of fun with your iPod.