0

alphapsi
1

Any easy way to repair constant "insert sim" restart?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

My N8 has recently starting constantly rebooting due to an "insert sim" message. It seems like there's something wrong with the sim card. It's been working great for 6 months but this started recently.

The tear down shows the sim card slot has 6 pins that could be pulled up with a pick through the holes.

Are the screws re-useable? The service manual says no.

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

mauriespierre
1

Hello!

SIM cards can fail sometimes, even after short life (it happened to me).

Before gutting the phone, I think you should diagnose a bit : test it with a SIM card that's known to work.

Ask a friend/relative/colleague to borrow you theirs so you can test it in your phone to make sure wether the problem is the SIM card or the device.

Good luck!

0

Arun
1

Try cleaning the simcard's chip area and the pins of sim card reader...

sometimes moisture causes this type of problem

0

Haseeb Siddiqui
1

Asslam-o-Alikum

brother i have Nokia N8 and the problem of this phone is this (insert sim card and restart phone) anyone who know the solution? thanks in advance

0

Tony Stewart
1

From my experience, the six gold spring loaded connectors in the N8 SIM socket can easily be damaged or broken when inserting incorrect SIM such as micro Sim in an adapter. (Refer page 10 of N8 user guide) An expensive fix is to send to Nokia centre for around $100 USD. Or if you are experienced in dismantling Nokia phones, the SIM socket can be replaced, or the broken pin reattached by soldering. Not a job for the inexperienced.

0

marcelo
1

I fixed it by passing a pencil eraser on the contacts of the sim card. It's one of the best ways to clean golden contacts.

0

pato
1

Hi! I have the same problem! my SIM CARD SLOT is broken, and I already have the new part to replace it, but Im not sure wich is the best way to unweld the broken slot and weld the new slot. Somebody can help me with a video tutorial???

thanks a lot

0

Muhammad khalid
1

just chang mic

100% solution

tested by me

0

iqbalnaeem91
1

hi any one help me my insert sim card restart my nokia n8 plz?

0

iqbalnaeem91
1

my nokia n8 restart after insert sim card this softwear problem? plz help me

0

khaleel
1

i have nokia 500, when i start my phone with SIM in it , then it restarts, but if i start my phn with no SIM then it works fine, i checked it with other SIM, i did hard reset, i even reinstalled the software using nokia suite but the problem still persists.. please hlp .