0

kevin
1

How do I reset the change oil light?

how do i reset the change oil light?

Edited by: David Hodson ( ) , Matt Barnes ( )

4

Matt Barnes

Turn your key to the "On" position, but do not start your vehicle.

At this point some Chevy's differ:

(Try this way first) Pump your gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds

or

Use the button on the dashboard that has an "i" on it or has a road on it. Pushing this button should cycle through mileage, tire pressure..etc. You want "Oil Life", then push and hold the check-mark button until the oil life resets.

It has been awhile since I worked at Jiffy Lube, but this is how I learned to reset the change oil light on Chevy's.

Also, you can check your Owner's Manual and it should tell you how.

Edited by: Matt Barnes ( )

1

Ken Depew
13

For my 2005 model, turn the key to ON without starting the vehicle; push the accelerator all of the way down three times within 5 seconds. The light will flash as it resets, turn the ignition to the OFF position.

0

Josh
1

Mine is to push the brake pedal all the way down 3 times within 5 seconds and the oil light will flash and then stay off. Do this while the key is in the "On" position.

0

hotcolomba
1

This it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Chevrolet Equinox. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Chevrolet cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display.

http://resetservicelight.com/reset-oil-s...

This is an information site where you can solve your car problems.