0

Juan
1

Wi-Fi antenna. Signal problems.

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Two months ago I started to notice that mi iPhone 4 doesn't recognize all wi-fi networks available in one area. I asked a friend to bring his iPod touch once, and inside a shopping, his ipod showed 6 wi fi networks (my iphone none). My home wi fi network appears only when I'm ridiculously close to the modem.

I'm strarting to get really annoyed, I called MacStation Argentina (kind of a official distribuitor here) and they told me that even if my international warranty hasn't expired, they provide technical service for all products except (guess....) iPhones.

I tried restoring it from iTunes, restoring network setting (or something like that), and I am still having the same problems.

("Ask to join networks" is on...)

I'm qute handy, and I think I can repair it on my own (if I know WHAT to do). Some guy in an unofficial center for these kind of repairments, told me it would cost me 170 dolars. Its absurd...

I found an answer, something about Clem 1 and 2, but the link is broken...

I appreciate ANY help, thanks a lot,

Juan

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

danny
205

It sounds like the problem might be hardware and not software since a restore did not fix the issue. Perhaps your WiFi antenna is unplugged or defective. I agree $170 sounds absurd, I search around and it seems this is the part you might need to replace http://iphone4parts.com/shop/iphone-data... And it looks like this company ships to Argentina.

OK, I've just sent them an email asking how much would the shipping to argentina cost. I'd like to know here, on ifixit, where do I have to look, to replace the part myself... Thanks!

Juan,