0

Nirvana
1

Phone won't charge but can be detected in Itunes

I have an Iphone 3g 16gb that had a water damage. Cleaned everything. Phone then turned on but no WIFI, bluetooth. In About screen, there is no Modem firmware, ICCID, IMEI. Whenever it is connected to usb or wall charger, you can hear the beep sound says its charging, lighting bolt appears. Also, restore needed message appears everytime.

I tried restoring it thru itunes, it gets error 23. I've searched thru different websites and a lot says that i have a faulty logic board. I bought a board in ebay that doesn't have a water damage yet doesn't charge. Once its connected to usb or wall charger, phone will turn on. But if not, it cannot turn on. So its just getting its power directly from the cable but it doesn't charge the battery. The board seems fine because whenver its connected to a power source, I get signal, I can use the internet, i can take pictures.

What should i do to make it charge. The charging problem is from the board not from the dock connector because with my previous logic board, it charges.

Everything seems working perfectly except the board. Original board cannot be restored but charging works fine. So I changed the board to a used one bought in ebay. It can power-up only when plugged in to a power source but cannot charge the battery. Once it turns on, everything is working great. I can make calls, use internet, take pictures etc. Please help me on the charging issue from the board.

Nirvana,

Take a look at some recent posts for a 3gs with this same problem.. I'll see if I can the link/photo

pollytintop,

3

pollytintop

So what I will do is connect the 2 points by soldering a thin copper wire? I will have to check if this fuse is still on. If not then I have to solder to connect them together.

Nirvana,

Nirvana, once you connect the two points with thin copper wire, you have bridged the broken fuse and it should be working again.

you know we never suggested changing the battery?? could it be so simple??

pollytintop,

Nirvana, have you change your battery yet :-) I think pollytintop is on to something here

Nirvana, you said that the old board charges the battery, it just won't turn on, yes? Were you able to confirm this still being the case after trying the new board? I'm thinking a new battery may not be the answer here...though it's not a bad idea anyway...

The Laptop Savior,

0

Nirvana
1

I have 2 boards. The initial one got soaked. It can still charge the battery but its getting error 23 that cant be restored anymore. I swapped it with another board that works perfectly except that it doesnt charge the battery. I tried changing the battery and still doesnt charge. The charging problem is with the 2nd board. I need to put back the initial board just to charge the battery, once it fully charged, swap it with the 2nd board that works.

I will have to try connecting the 2 points on the 2nd board to initiate charging. Once im done, ill let you know bout the results.