0

jose
1

after replacing the hard drive do I need to down load drivers?

my ipod classic 4th gen. 160 gig. will not work, took it in to the apple store and they told me I needed a new hard drive they wanted $170 plus tax... too much able to find one for $120.

can some one advise....

when I replace the hard drive do I have to worry about anything when i change it?

is it a plug and play where i change the hard drive and connect the i-pod with the new hard drive to my computer so it can sync to my i-tunes library?

does the i-pod recognize the new hard drive or do i have to down load a program for the new hard drive?

What is or isn't you ipod doing that makes you believe that you need a new drive?

typo on the 4th generation it is the 6th generation. the i-pod was giving me a no sign (red circle) that's why i took it to the apple store and apple told me i need a new hard drive. can any one suggest any good trusted websites? thank you so much for your answers

jose,

jose, same idea with that generation. All you have to do is change the drive and restore it with itunes. iTunes will format the drive for use and I have not had any problems with it. Should actually be a straight forward swap. Good Luck

0

You should have no problem with that as long as the hard drive is a correct one for the ipod. You can find a cheaper drive online. Once you have the drive the change is relatively simple and just follow the guide from here. No drivers are necessary since it is iTunes that will format your drive and make it usable for the iPod. Should be a straight forward swap, just use the instructions from the guide on ifixit and you will have it going soon.