0

Laura
1

Is there any way to repair the touch screen?

According to the Verizon tech, there is a pressure crack on the screen, rendering the phone useless. I'm willing to attempt a repair (I read the teardown), if it would work and I could find a replacement screen.

1

rab777hp

The product was such a complete failure you may just be able to buy another kin and take the LCD from that, for a good price. I highly doubt anyone was stupid enough to stock repair parts for it at launch, and I doubt there'd be any way for repair shops to get them, seeing as it was discontinued a week after launch.

Edited by: rab777hp ( )

Has it really been discontinued? Verizon still stocks them at a high cost -- too much for us to think of just purchasing another to fool around with repair. We had no problem with the phone for the two months we had it. Thank you, though, for your reply. I'll try craigslist or the like to see about a cheaper "parts" one.

Laura,

Lol, it was discontinued literally right after launch. Complete failure, agreed to be biggest tech flop of the year.

rab777hp,

0

lauren
1

my phone dropped like two feet and it has an inside pressure crack. and its useless! idk wht to do! it doesnt cover on my waranty.

0

Ray
1

If you find an answer to this, let me know . I also dropped mine and it has an inside crack. Totally useless!!

0

suzanne
1

Hi There! Just to clarify. The original Kin, which at the time was launched as a windows smart phone was discontinued. This is a new message phone version, hence the name Kin TwoM (M for message). This version is not discontinued and is not cheap either. I have one for my 13 yr old son who also managed to crack the screen. I've found used "for parts only" kins on ebay. I plan to find a local(San Diego) cell phone shop that is willing to change out the screen for me. I agree that this is a great phone and I like that he can access internet via wifi without the cost of smart phone fees. Good Luck!

0

Scott Williams
1

The Kin Two is distributed and serviced by PCDPhones.com and can only be repaired through that company, I run a repair center and they wont even allow parts to be ordered for phones like the kin two, one, and many other products they offer. The process is to register yourself and your phone at the site then call warranty services and order the service.

S.W.

Phone Repairs

0

Leah
1

no the kin 2 is discontinued! Trust me I know Verizon sold me this phone and in 3 months when I have a problem it can not be replaced! VERIZON SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would NOT recommend it since the last few times they dont care if they help me or not because they have a contract if you break you have to pay! NICE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION VERIZON!!!!

0

suzanne
1

They just recently discontinued the Kin2, probably because of the amount of cracked screen issues, but they still sell the Kin1 at Verizon.com. My point was it was NOT discontinued right after the launch and that the Kin2M was a different version then the original windows version.

0

austin
1

would anyone want to sell their broken kin? i know this post was from a year ago but its worth a try