0

john
1

Can I assemble my iPod touch 4g digitizer?

Hello guys.

I've an Ipod which I dropped a couple of days ago and I was wondering if I could simply just repair the glass. I know that the LCD screen and the glass is one part but only my glass is broken the rest of the Ipod is working fine. But now I've to replace the assembly and the price is just not worth it.... So I thought is there somebody here who knows how too disassemble the glass from the screen and how to replace it?

Best regards John

1

Jim
13

John,

Watch who you talk to on here, alot of the guys that answere your questions are in the market to either rip you off and/or refer you to their business to repair the iPods.

Check the internet, YouTube and Ebay for parts. YouTube has many many videos on repairing the iPod screen separately from the screen and LCD.

Also, on Ebay, you can buy the parts separately for about $20 each (screen, LCD), only costing you about $40.

Dont get me wrong, if you dont feel comfortable doing the repair, you may as well sell it on Ebay, cause there are guys on Ebay that will buy it broken from you and fix it cheaply and sell it back on Ebay for full "used" price.

But if you take your time , you can do it (change just the outer screen). They are made separately for a reason.

not meaning to be rude but most of us that answer questions on here are volunteers we do not offer any repair service or sell parts. We receive no money or incentive from ifixit to help people repair their goods for free! check the reputation of the answerers... oldturkey03 hasn't got 42000 points for offering any service except his expert knowledge. I agree jing could be a spammer but as it's his only answer on ifixit we've given him the benefit of the doubt.

pollytintop,

Ya u are right Jim the lcd+digitizer are starts from $30 on ebay,its true you can not saparate them easyly,i distroyed two offem allready,so its good idea to buy in one part,remember gsm & cdma are not the same.

Harry Bola,

0

john, do a search on here and you will find two schools of thinking. Those how say it can be done, and those that say it needs to be replaced as one unit. I belong to the latter one. I do not think that you can separate those properly without risking further damage. Just my 2 cents.

0

velopro
85

One other thing that is not obvious until you are into the repair is the home button. It is "fused" to the rear of the panel in some way and it is not clear from anyone out there so far as to how to remove from the damaged front panel and put on the replacement. Any thoughts on this??

The home button isn't fused to the panel. I've cracked the panel and got the home button removed with the rubber around it. I just had to remove some glass splinters which were still attached but it's easy to remove from the panel and to re-use it with rubber glue on your new screen.

john,

velopro, . . . . . . . what kinda "rubber" adhesive did you use to put it back togetherr ?? == "The home button isn't fused to the panel. I've cracked the panel and got the home button removed with the rubber around it. I just had to remove some glass splinters which were still attached but it's easy to remove from the panel and to re-use it with rubber glue on your new screen." ==

Jim,

0

jing liu
1

once failed,the whole screen would be useless ,i suggest you order one digitzer replacement,it's not expensive from lingosbox 33.98$

http://www.lingosbox.com/apple-ipod-touc...

and even if you disassemble it,where can you find the glass?i can't see anyone sell this seperately.the whole screen is also cheap

http://www.lingosbox.com/ipod-touch-4g-r...

with ipod touch 4 digitizer and lcd infused together (pre-installed)

53.98$.you could do it easily it with the tools given by them

0

Harry Bola
1

Hello ev1 the iphone4 has the same type of display too,like they are glued alltogether,my self is in the field of repair at Fort wayne indiana.

0

Sage Kelly
1

You can simply buy one on ebay,if you have an account on there,and order some tools.