1

Chris Green

Can I Install in PS Capacitors With A Slightly Different Rating?

Recently, my monitor died. It refused to turn on, and after some research, I traced the problem to capacitors in the power supply. I bought a replacement kit on eBay, and installed most of it, and realized that it didn't come with all the right capacitors. One of the capacitors that I need to replace is rated at 220uF-25V, yet I recieved capacitors that are rated at 220uF-35V. Now my question is, can I install the 220uF-35V caps in place of the 220uF-25V's, or will I have to drive to RadioShack in a foot of snow and buy the right ones for 10X the price? The seller will not accept items that are opened, and since I installed about 1/2 of them, I don't think that will help either.

Edited by: Walter Galan ( ) , Chris Green ( )

3

winderoperator
103

As long as capacitors are rated at working voltage or more they will work. The 35 volt caps will work just fine in place of the 25 volt ones.

Correct answer +

rj713,