0

Christie
1

screen locked and I don't know password

My friend bought all 4 of my kids Ipod Touches last summer. My youngest (who is 5 and can not read) somehow locked 2 of the Ipods. It says that they are locked and to enter pass code. He doesn't even know how he did it or what the code is, he was just punching buttons I guess. I know I could do it with itunes but the problem is I don't have access to the computer that they were originally synced to or my itunes. Is there any way to override the lock and just start all over?

Thanks for you help and sorry if this has been asked before. I saw a video where you punch the power button 10 secs but I think that has to be done with the original computer, right?

2

1. Connect your IPOD Touch to iTunes
  2. Press or Hold the power and home keys 10 seconds.
  3. Screen goes black, now release the power button
  4. Release the Home key when iTunes says "We have detected an itouch in recovery mode."

Let us know if this worked for you, if not we can find a different way of ding it. Which OS are you using?

oldturkey03--if you are interested we would like to extend an invitation to join us on the Master Tech Team. You give great answers. Ralph +

rj713,

+ agreed on the invite!

mayer,

Aaahhh now I am all embarrassed and all...:) it would be my honor to join the Master Tech Team

0

Marc

COnnect the iPod to your pc and restore it is one way to do it. See here on Apple Support:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa...