0

charlie
1

My iPod classic will not charge?

Can anyone please help with a problem i,m having with my ipod classic 6th gen. when i turn it on all the screen says is plug in power. When i connect the charger the screen says charging, please wait, but never moves from this screen. It will not charge nor am i able to reset it using the menu/select buttons. Is this a simple case of requiring a new battery or more serious and requires a logic board, thanks, john

Edited by: mayer ( ) , Ben Eisenman ( )

2

I'd go with a new battery first. Then see if it charges. Right now it may try to charge but the battery does not take or hold the charge. I it should however respond when it is plugged in. You can not reset correct because it is not responding. So start with a new battery and see where that takes it...let us know

0

tetosalza86
1

hello i had exactly the same problem and so i went ahead and replaced the battery and now the same message appears on the screen. " charging, please wait" its the same message that appeared on the screen before i replaced the battery. im guessing its the logic board that is failing. the ipod was malfunctioning because of water damage. lol well the truth is (beer damage). so know my question is do i find an ipod with the similar characteristics and replace the logic board or do i go ahead and buy a new ipod?

I am not sure about the 6th generation logic board but I do have a few 5th generation with an issue that originates from the charging circuit. I have replaced my fair share of those logic boards and have decided to go with new ones. I did try to replace from other iPods and never really had a lot of luck with that. The cost is definitely cheaper that a new iPod and it is not really that hard to do.The logic board is available for ~50 on ebay and the seller I am using for the 5th Gen had the logic board you need http://stores.ebay.com/jecomgroup of course there are plenty others as well. Good luck

0

Mal Davies
1

battery would drain very quickly. had battery replaced no difference, still drains quickly

How quickly is it discharging?