0

Micco
1

DC in board testing?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Hi All!

I'm wondering if there's anyway i can test the DC in board to ensure its functioning properly?

I had a liquid spill and since then the light on the ac adaptor is dim and the OS reports "Not charging" - BUT, when left plugged in it does seem to trickle charge.

Edit:

I do get power to the board as it trickle charges. Runs fine from battery. The info i'm looking for is basically what lead on the board can i test for resistance and connectivety to ensure enough paower is pased to the logic board. Unit will NOT run without the battery...I'm assuming there isn't enough power to support the logic board on it's own.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , iRobot ( ) , Micco ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

Deleted my answer because links no longer worked

rj713,

Please more infos about the MBP current state. Do you get power to the main board ? Does the machine work when powered only by the battery ? Etc...

lemerise,

anyone have any advice?

Micco,

0

rj713

Here is a thread about someone with a similar problem. Good luck.

http://boardreader.com/thread/Macbook_13...

thanks, but looking for more detail

Micco,

0

scottgriz
43

I have the same question. Does anyone know the voltage readouts for the DC In board connector that leads to the motherboard? I want to verify that the board is putting out enough voltage and would rather not replace it if the problem is with the motherboard.

Depending on which magsafe you have it is going to be 16.5v to 18.5v coming in. The other major measurements on either board are going to be 3.3v. 5v & 12 v - the same on any on other computer board, those are your measurements on the major rails..... Apple, Dell, HP..... it doesn't matter.

ABCellars,