1

Darryl
25

How do I get the microphone to work?

I can't get the laptop microphone to work. I've gone into settings in control panel and everything is set for it to be online. It has worked in the past but no longer seems to. Plugging in an external microphone into the microphone jack doesn't work either.

Edited by: machead3, oldturkey03, pollytintop, rj713, and Matt Barnes ( ) , Darryl ( ) , iRobot ( )

Darryl, if u convert ur comment to an answer and then accept it, we will all know that it is resolved. Good job on finding the problem.

1

Darryl
25

I have inadvertently answered my own question. I had to take laptop completely apart to check the motherboard for damage due to water ingress. As I was taking it apart I discovered a broken wire that runs from the bottom part of the computer up to the screen where the microphone is located. The wire was flexed every time the computer was opened or closed and it finally broke causing a loss of input from the microphone.

0

mekesha
1

how to put on a microphone

i do not know please tell me someone

mekesha,

mekesha, you need to ask a complete question and should ask your own question. This one here has been resolved year ago. what exactly is it that you are trying to do? what computer do you have? Give us more information if you really need help with this.