1

ryan thompson
25

Check engine light will not turn on

When I turn the ignition on, all of the lights on the dash turn on and then go off. But the check engine light never turns on.

How do I make it come on?

Edited by: David Hodson ( ) , Nat Welch ( )

Usually when the check engine light comes on, it indicates a problem somewhere. So I have to ask before I can formulate an answer. Why do you want to make the check engine light come on?

040304,

1

I would also think that it is a good thing if it does not come on :) but I think I see your issue. IT just does not come on at all, even when you just turn the key to the start position where all the lights and gauges come on? I suppose there could be any number of reasons for this but I would start by checking the actual bulb and the PCB of the instrument cluster and go from there. Not sure if this helps, sorry.

0

Brandon B
1

Prior owner/seller probably pulled the bulb out so the buyer wouldnt see the check engine light was on....or its just burnt out.

Its possible its a PCB (printed circut board) problem on the gauge cluster, but highly unlikely.

Replace the bulb. Or swap it out with the ABS light (or something) as a test.

Edited by: Brandon B ( )

0

tazztoon
1

ok most of time its a fuel system issues a lot of the time go to fuel cap pull it off inspect the seal around the cap any tear or signs of wear. Replace if necessary. after 5 or 6 drive cycles it will turn off. if it comes on again or stays on, go to your local part store and have them read the code with the scanner. its free. you may have to replace the cap. They might also tell you its an o2 sensor, ask them to show you on the car where it is. then buy a 02 sensor and replace it your self. saving you about a $100. remember any light that comes on in your car go have it check out and do the work yourself. saving you lots of cash.

nick