1

Peng Fong Er
23

Is it possible to apply Thermal Paste?

I saw some thermal pads on the N8's mid-plane. Now my phone will auto-restart and continue restart when the phone is in warm environment but it will be all right if getting it directly under an aircond. So, I was thinking will apply thermal paste helps this. Thanks.

Edited by: Peng Fong Er ( )

1

rab777hp

Sounds like that'd work, there's a similar issue with older HP laptops which only have thermal pads and then overheat and continually restart- the solution is to apply thermal paste. The thermal pads alone aren't good enough for keeping it cool, so thermal paste will help you out there. You can get some thermal paste here, and here's a guide for installing it.

Arctic Silver Thermal Paste

3.5 gram Arctic Silver thermal paste tube. Thermal paste forms a continuous, conductive layer between a processor and its head sink, improving cooling performance and keeping your important chips from overheating. Whenever you remove a heat sink, it's ver — 50+ available at 8.95 each.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I had a thermal paste which I used for my PC. I will go to Nokia Care first before I done anything on it (it's still under warranty). If they failed to fix it, then I will try to find those screw drivers to open up my Nokia N8 and apply them.

Peng Fong Er,

I read that already. Thanks. I had sent for warranty and have to wait around 1 to 3 weeks for the motherboard to arrive.

Peng Fong Er,