1

deetex
81

Flash led stuck in ON

This morning I noticed my LED flasher was on.

Started the camera, still set in HDR mode, manually turning on the flasher and turning it off again did not resolve the issue.

Started an app called Free Flash(turns your flasher into a torch), only difference I noticed toggling it was a change in brightness, but the led remained on.

Turned my phone OFF, completely... and STILL the led was on.

Just now I noticed applying a very minute amount of pressure to the back case seems to dim- and turn-off completely... suggesting an electrical short.

I've found one(1) post on the apple support forums, which suggests a software conflict between a number of apps, but beyond the camera app and the Free Flash, both I've had since day one of purchase(now at roughly day 30).

One piece of advice was to remove all apps relevant to the flasher, and perform a hard reset, however considering the led remains on when the phone's off, and it actually goes off when pressure's applied just above the silver apple logo, I doubt this will help.

Considering the amount of issues disassembly seems to cause(browsing through the questions list), and the fact I still have warrenty on this thing, would it be wise to crack it open and reseat the Led cable?

Edited by: deetex ( )

If you figure out how to fix it please let me know. I have the same problem but am out of the warranty period.

chloemonster,

2

bushing

If one end of the flash LED makes contact with the case (shorting to ground), then that can cause the LED to stay on 100% of the time. You might be able to open it up and fix it, but if you still have the warranty I would just take it back to the Apple store. This is not an uncommon manufacturing defect, and I imagine they will replace it with no questions asked.

1

deetex
81

I slipped a piece of paper between the camera module and the thing that's below it.

The piece is folded over a few times to gain a thickness of about 1~2 mm

The pressure expressed is enough to keep the camera/flash from shorting.

1

Jacqueline Greenwood
13

I went to setting and adjusted the brightness. It turned the LED off.

1

engincob
43

Its most common problem after waterdamage. Replacing L9 coil on logicboard is % 100 solution .

0

Stu
1

Not having the know how to open up an iPhone and do the fix described here, i tried pushing the flash hard with my thumb and bashing the phone on the desk, cave man style! This turned the flash off!! Unfortunately a second bash turns it back on again. But at least i have confirmed the fault and have a (temporary) solution.

(I tried a system restore on the phone first, but the light didn't even go out during the process)

0

jimmora
21

The repair mentioned in this link works like a charm. Easy breezy and I've done it twice. I used electrical tape, and had to repeat after a few months as it slid around, second time I used two layers and did a better job.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.p...

0

sherillee
1

I have same problem too

0

APPLEGEEK
1

I've had the same problem after water damage. Engincob How do I replace the L9 coil?