0

Arry
1

My i-phone fell in the water

Can an i-phone thats been in water be repaired ?

Edited by: David Hodson ( )

Merged as duplicate by David Hodson

0

rab777hp

What gen do you have?

First, leave it in a bag of uncooked rice for a night- DO NOT TURN IT ON!

Then, try turning it on, if it doesn't, try replacing the battery, if that doesn't get it to work it usually means your logic board is fried, which isn't worth replacing.

If you specify which gen you have I can direct you to the parts necessary.

Search also these forums for the tag "liquid spill" and "water damage"

This answer was originally to another question.

Merged as duplicate by David Hodson

I have an iPhone 3G it was water damaged because i went in a water ride with it in my pocket by accident.

Chirag,

Have you tried anything I suggested?

rab777hp,

0

FlyGuy Dave
49

I agree with rab.... Whenever a Li-ion Battery gets water intrusion, the battery is a goner.... Lithium in its natural state is HIGHLY reactive to water, therefore, you loose ALL charge and ability to recharge..... Replace the battery.... (Aviation Electrician - USN)

(Look on Amazon....I get batteries for cheap there)

Merged as duplicate by David Hodson

0

David Garro
1

they are cheaper on ebay... they are worth $10 each(chinesse but they work very well)

Merged as duplicate by David Hodson

0

hbermanmail
1

My daughter had water damage to an iphone 8GB. I was able to dry it out by warming the oven and alternating refrigerator. My question is: How do you separate the covers to get at the inside? I took the two little crews out of the top. I was then afraid to cause damage. I would like to know the dissasembly for the future.

Merged as duplicate by David Hodson

you can click on any of the links at the top right of this page...the step by step guides, or on the home page click repair.

pollytintop,

i wouldn't recommend the cooking or freezing method though. 1. you might melt an otherwise saveable phone, 2. water expands when frozen.. so you risk it breaking even more things. do what rab777 suggests, but better to clean with isopropyl alcohol.

pollytintop,

0

Stuart
1

I clean iPhones for a living and this is how you fix it.

Firstly, the longer the phone is left with water damage the harder it is to fix.

Take the phone appart, In order to do that you require a precision screwdriver set. Remove the screen and place the iphone into a Ultasonic bath containing methylated spirits and turn it on. Leave the phone in the liquid for approx 5 min. Remove the phone and allow the methylated spirits to evapporate.

Put the screen back on and all will be fixed.

Sorted.

Merged as duplicate by David Hodson