0

roi
1

How to replace volume control button?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I want to replace the volume control button on iphone 3gs as the silver thing got broken leaving the black part still inside. I have bought a new replacement button, but don't know how to install it?

can anybody help?

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

Apple Pie Repair
115

that's a tough one.. the only way to get that new volume button in there is to remove the bezel from the back palstic part. which i don't recomment trying because it's glued together. you will have to disassemble the whole phone separate the bezel from the plastic and use super glue to get it back together.

it might be easier to buy a complete back housing with the bezel, back housing and volume button already together. but that still involves you disassembling your whole phone and building it in the new piece.

matt

Edited by: Majesty ( )

0

quickifixdotcom
67

tommy

I do this repair quite a lot. if you have the volume button, you can separate the metal from the back black part. then use 1 min epoxy or super glue. apply it with a toothpick to the black groove on the broken volume button. continue to move the volume button around till the glue dry so the button doesn't get stuck.

Edited by: mayer ( )

0

JMo
1

I've just tried the approach that Tommy mentioned above with an Iphone 3GS and can confirm that this approach does work. Thanks for that Tom!

0

bryan
11

how long did it take you to replace it and was it relatively easy?

if you do the long way which involves taking almost everything out of your iphone and the metal bezel off...with practice about 30minutes I'd give yourself up to an hour of pfaffing about trying to get things out! you don't have to remove the entire headphone jack flex just the screws that hold the bezel on so that you can lift the volume button in and out.

pollytintop,

0

Michael Basso
1

I got my volume button stuck with the glue. Now what?