0

Jack
1

Why truck wont stay running?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I have 1998 chevy pickup C1500 V6 I replaced ECM, coil pack, intake manifold pressure sensor, cap an rotor, all battery connections fuel pump relay and fuel pump in gas tank.I start truck up drive down rd an stalls. Starts back up 5min. latter an runs an stalls again Wont stay running Help!

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( ) , Jack ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

brass cowyboy
1

have you made sure you have fuel, spark, and compression? i personally think that it might be a clogged fuel filter. have you ever changed the filter? they are no more than $16 at napa. if you have a fuel pressure gauge it should read about 50-55 psi. A fuel port is located on the back of the air intake port of the manifold on top of the fuel rail. the filter is under the truck. oh and the fuel pumps were redesigned for that year because the ground wire was too weak. that might be your issue if you still have a stock in-tank fuel pump. hope this helps.

0

Kenny
25

There are a lot of malfunctions that could cause this problem. One possible cause is a failing ignition control module. The ICM sometimes runs for a while until it gets hot, then stops functioning. After it is allowed to cool, it resumes function until, you guess it; it gets hot again. The ICM is located on the distributor on that engine (somewhat isolated from engine heat) and is a solid state electronic part. A failing ICM will (usually) not leave a DTC in the ECM.

I'm not saying this is the cause of your problem. I'm saying that it may be the cause.