0

literati1984
1

Broken Rear LCD Lid

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

The rear LCD lid for my Acer Extensa 5620Z is broken at the bottom near the left hinge, and every time I open my laptop the lids further separate from the LCD screen and from the hinge. I can't seem to find a compatible rear lid online and I'm not even sure that that is the root problem. Help!

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Sam Lionheart ( ) , David Hodson ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

Same problem here, and the extensa 5620G of a freind too!

kingxxx,

0

musicman
1

I have the same problem, in the exact same spot. The only thing I've found is that the hinges on these machines seem to be a little too tight, causing strain on the plastic of the lid.

I'm considering getting a parts laptop off eBay and repairing it, else just wait until it breaks off completely and then buy a Mac.

0

stlfan
1

If you're feeling bold, remove the hinges, and with some effort, you can disassemble the hingles, and spread the loops in the stamping. With some adjust/fit/refit, you can loosen the hinges enough to eliminate the stiffness, yet hold up the lid. Now, just have to find a lid that doesn't cost more than the LCD display.

0

wahid
1

i have the same problem :)