0

Oliverium
1

Ipod won't connect to any pc

I happened before and I just plugged it doing the hard reset but not this time.

When I plug it into any pc the "connected" screen appears and then it changes to the apple logo and after that it turns off, then it repeats the same thing.

I can't hard-reset the ipod because, I don't know why

I guess I'll have to open it

I guess it was the problem with the itunes 9 and those ipod classics..

Edited by: mayer ( )

2

Chris Green

i just fixed a friend's ipod a few days ago with a similar problem, somehow, after leaving it connected to the computer, for an hour or so, it showed up and itunes recognized it, and i restored the firmware with itunes, and now, it works like a charm, i have been testing it for a few days, before i give it to him, but it seems to work fine. try booting it while holding "Center" and "Previous" that will boot it in to diagnostic mode, where you can check the firmware for issues. if you try this, you might find a problem, so you have a reason to open it, because these are a real pain to open, and you damage the case when you so it almost every time. Can you try to connect it to an iHome or some kind of dock other than a computer?

Here were my iPod's symptoms:

Showed "Connected" when plugged in, but not recognized by the computer

When unplugged, it would show the "Ok to disconnect" thing, than reboot shortly following

Showed 0KB Total, 0KB remaining, on the iPod itself

are your symptoms similar to these?

restoring the iPod fixed it for me, but the trick is to get itunes and the computer to find it, try to go into disk utility (if you have a mac) or disk manager (windows) and see if the ipod actually shows up

0

Oliverium
1

Thanks I forgot about setting it on disk mode, now it's working thanks anyway

0

sagarsaple
1

hey chris....

my iPod has been actng funny for a long tym...i have tried everything (i mean everything ) but nothing seems to work, this is quite literally my last effort to fix it..hope to get some help

heres my problem:

Whenever i connect my iPod to windows,itunes automatically pops up but does not recognize the iPod...and eventually freezes.

This has happened many times, so i gave the pod to one of my friends..in the hope tht he might be able to come up wth smethng

AFter 15-20 tries he finally managed to upgrade the firmware nd restore the iPod to factory settings using itunes.

It seemed to have worked...i strted syncing my iPod, nd it was actually wrking..it synced abt half my library and then the iPod screen froze to "connected eject before disconnecting"....i tried to eject it via "my computer" but windows also froze (im using windows 7 btw)

finally i unplugged the usb,the iPod wrks fine...its gt the music in it but says "0 kb free"

I tried connecting it agn...but the same thng happens ....itunes opens...freezes.

Ps: i have tried uninstalling itunes adn using other softwares like sharepod...but even then it only syncs some songs and suddenly stops.

im thinking this maybe a hardware problem...if it is i might as well open it up...i got nuthng to lose...my waranty expired 6 months ago