4

Wendy Brown
49

Jammed Power Button + Broken Vibration

This is a very helpful site for the tear downs and other basic needs. But my iPhone (which has no warranty for the stupidity that is me) has a jammed power button, and my vibrator for rings is very "fart" noisy. I don't have the money to get a new phone or do a trade. So I was hoping someone could tell how to do it myself!

How do i fix a jammed power button and a bad vibrator?

Edited by: Eric Essen ( )

1

Taylor Arnicar
9k

Replacing the vibrator shouldn't be too difficult at all, you can follow this guide to open your phone, and we've got cheap iPhone 3G vibrators available here.

While you have your phone open, you should be able to easily reseat the power button as well. Hope this helps!

0

vpne190
1

the chager part of the iphone doesnt want to work or chage the phone what could i do?

vpne, asking this in a new question will help to get other responses. :) In your new question, could you clarify what you mean? Does the charger connect completely, did you try using a different charger, etc?

Taylor Arnicar,

0

ninehigh
13

spray compressed ait into the charging port and clean out lint with a toothpic.

0

cain9sugar
1

I just shoved a piece of black tape inbetween the viberator and the metal case that hold the viberator in and it works like new:)

0

Alex
1

3g is an easy device to fix! Because u can always take it appart. What i suggest though is that u go to ebay , because here they dont sell this thing, and look for iphone 3g housing assembly, it cost sabout $40 but u get practically a new phone! U just put ur old motherboard into the new housing and cover it with the screen... It will fix Im sure all problems jammed buttons vibrators, and even the battery..

Good luck!

0

vicky greer
1

my iphone button got stuck at top and try open it lose the voulume button and top plz help me thanks