1

remacberlin

Screen shuts off immediately!

I have the metioned iMac here where i replaced the optical drive. I tested it (with the front bezel off) and everything was great. The suddenly the screen died.

Now, when I switch it on i see the grey startscreen for a second or two and then it gets dark again. I zapped pram and SMU. I tried to boot it from CD. No change. I haven't hooked it up to an external monitor but will do so in a minute and post the results. It appears to start normally (although no picture), it chimes, the fans and HDD operate as usual.

Any idea?

Edited by: David Hodson ( ) , remacberlin ( ) , machead3 ( )

Solved - after reassembeling everything it worked again. But still leaves some questions open. All cables where secure. Did anybody else had this experience?

remacberlin,

0

machead3

Often cables and blocks

appear to be connected when the are in fact not.

N.

Also a twist in the cable could open or close a hidden short.

machead3,

My thought was that the LCD needs some sort of a "ground" connection. When i tested it, the display wasn't screwed down a perhaps only made accidental contact with the EMI shield.

remacberlin,