0

Luis
11

Black Screen but phone works after water damge treatment

Ok so my girlfriend was pushed into a pool with her iphone 4, when she got out she noticed it was at the bottom of the pool, the back glass had been cracked just a bit and she tried turning it on, mistake i know, i sent the phone to be treated for water damage but was told it didnt work. When i got home i heard siri talk when i held down the home botton, the phone works perfectly fine and itunes reads it too, i even backed it up. Everything works except the display, i had a whole new LCD tested on it but nothing, so im guessing the corrosion got the one part of the mother board where it displays everything, is there anyway of fixing that besides buying a new motherboard?

Edited by: Luis ( )

1

Luis, anything is possible. It is definitely going to be a chore. You may already have plenty of corrosion and there may even be permanent damage. I suggest that you no longer try to turn it on or try to charge it. Disassemble it using this guide and properly clean it. Use this guide to clean it. It was written for a 3G but all the points are still valid for your phone as well. Always check your board for any missing, burned or otherwise damaged looking components. After that replace the battery, reassemble your phone and re-evaluate for any problems. Your issue may actually be a backlight issue, so you do want to check the backlight IC as well as the backlight coil. Hope this helps, good luck.

I have a friend who works as a tech, he opened it up and checked everything but i guess we didnt check the backlight IC, if thats the case it would be replaceable right?

Luis,

Yes it is, with the right tools and the right skills. Thank you for accepting my answer.