0

Laura
1

replace screen, dont turn on and make beeping sound

I replace the screen, but when I try to turn it On, has a black screen. When plugged to the computer or to the charging plug, it makes a beep every few seconds.

What i did wrong?

0

Khurram Tariq
1

Hi I am having same problem...if u find some solution to this...kindly do let me know

Hi, I have not received a response. I'm taking the iPad mini to a local technician to have a diagnosis. I let you know anything

Laura,

0

eman05
547

It could be possible that you blew the back light filter, did you disconnect the battery before disconnecting the digitizer and LCD?

0

peppe
1

Hi,i am an italian boy and sorry for my english.I have the same problem,but only if i connect the new display.If i reconnect the old (original mini ipad display) there are no beeps every four seconds,and i see the light on display (broken).If i connect the compatible display i have the same problem.....no backlight and beep every 4 seconds....Thanks for who answer me....

0

AndreaBaglione
461

Hi, the problem is wrong cable connection or burned component Coil 4R7.

Taking the test is very simple. Turn on the ipad and put it under a lamp, if you see pictures in this way try to turn off and on.

If returns to normal operation status could be because it is inadvertently switched on during disassembly, otherwise you have the problem described above.

Sorry for my English! But im Italian!

Andrea Baglione

Visit here for check our problem.

http://www.cyberdocllc.com/shop/ipad-2-i...

Cheers

Andrea

Edited by: AndreaBaglione ( )

0

peppe
1

the problem is mine,i have bought a display for ipad mini,not for ipad mini retina......my mini ipad is a1490 and for me the display is not compatible...(no retina with retina)...it s thrue?....i have another question...i broken the display and the touchscreen....the touch is compatible for every ipad mini or there is a mini ipad touchscreen specified for the mini ipad with retina?

thanks....

For iPad mini retina, you will have to buy the retina LCD from China. There was a thread a few weeks ago where a couple of people were going to split the min order of 3. For the touchscreen, the assemblies with the ic for the mini first gen will not work. However, you can solder the original ic and home flex to a mini first gen glass digitizer and it will work.

jessabethany,

0

jessabethany

This is the very common ipad mini backlight problem.

you've accidentally blown the iPad mini backlight fuse by inadvertently removing the LCD connector before removing the battery connector. You will need to have the iPad mini backlight fuse replaced on the motherboard---other solutions like jumping the backlight fuse are possible, but are likely to eventually overload the backlight ic and cause it and/or the backlight coil to fail.

For more than you ever wanted to know about iPad mini backlight problems check out this thread.

Lots of advice here on this thread: http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/12680...

I have become a bit of a specialist in this problem and see a couple blown backlighting every day now via my mail in service. Feel free to contact me via my profile.

Edited by: jessabethany ( )