0

Margaret Neuer
11

On light is on. No Ready light. Pump not working

Machine was fine yesterday. Today when I turned it on, the ON light came on but it never showed ready for either steam or brewing.

If I turn the steam knob, no water or steam comes out

If I press the "brew" button, nothing happens.

Machine does not seem to be heating at all.

You help much appreciated.

Edited by: Margaret Neuer ( )

1

Henry H

If the machine is not heating (does the top feel warm at all?) then it's likely that you've either tripped the fusible link (protects against overheating), one of your thermostats is faulty or your heating element has ruptured and failed. You can check all of these with a voltmeter, but you'll need to take the top of the machine off first. Make sure the machine is unplugged, then check for continuity across each of aforementioned parts; they should all be closed. If any of them are open, or have no continuity, then that's your faulty part.

Hi Henry. Just saw this. Will try to look at this in next few days. Don't have a voltmeter but may be able to borrow one. Not sure about the continuity but expect I may understand when I get the cover off and/or read through the step-by-step guides. Will let you knowl Thanks.

Margaret Neuer,

Hi Henry, Now I am really embarrassed. Some work was being done on my building and the outlet was not working. I had looked at the breakers and all appeared to be okay. What really threw me off was that the red "on light" was coming on. On closer inspection, I now see that it is actually just a highly reflective red paint.. when you press the button in, it just rotates inside from white to black. But really does look like it is lit! The only other thing on that outlet is a Cuisinart so I discovered the plug was not working when I tried to chop cranberries for Thanksgiving. Anyway, thank you so much for your response and I will refer to your answer if I ever have problems again (after first testing the outlet!!)

Margaret Neuer,