0

alex diaz
1

Screen blank and unresponsive after water damamage!

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Hey guys I know there are a bunch of water damage questions here, and they have actually been a great help so far in my own recent run in with water. So it's a few days out after my iPod touch met water, and I just plugged the touch into my computer. After a few minutes the touch was recognized, synced with the computer, and my iPod even made the Boo-Da-Boop alert/(itunes cd is ready sound) sound that makes me hope that the wifi is still functioning. My problem though is that the screen is still a greyish white blank, and I believe that the touch screen is unresponsive.

Would picking up the LCD screen from here fix both the display and the touch response or is there something additional I need to get?

Thanks for any and all help!

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

Chubby
1

Hi Alex,

First question to you: Is your iPod touch still covered by the Apple Warranty? You can check that by going to this link: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.... and enter the iPod serial number found at the back of the iPod. If it's still covered, I suggest taking it to the Apple Genius Bar to see if they can do something for you. You don't need to tell them about the water incident. They have the way to know if they want to, but some agents are nice and won't care much about that, I hope.

If it's NOT covered. I suggest do some more research about that same kind of problem on the Internet to learn about chance of getting it fixed before buying any parts to do the repair.

Water damage can be severe and may damage more than just the screen and the digitizer part. For me, if spending on the parts may cost a lot and the chance of getting it fixed is slim, I'd just save money and buy a new one if I were you.

Sorry if this won't help much.

Regards,

CHB