0

Robert G
143

Massive issues after Touchscreen replacement on different devices.

I run a small repair shop, and im encountering this problem. This issue has been constant on several iPad Minis we had tried to replace the touchscreen.

Even we support ourselves on different repair shops when something is acting fishy. And they also some times rely on us when an issue they can solve.

The issue is that after replacing the touchscreen, the iPad mini will become unresponsive and will boot on the Apple Logo Screen, then the Screen will dim and become unresponsive.

We had tried a variety of touchscreens and with different suppliers. And issue persists.

We had been soldering the iPad mini touch board to the new Touchscreens, but with no luck. Only the home button works.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and know how to solve it?

Thanks for your help!

1

David
357

The little ribbon in the back must be covered. See picture. Remove the extra foam tape at the bottom. Also, the darkening is usually caused by a bad IC chip. You will need a factory one, or you can buy a new one, which means you want to buy quality. Not something cheap because cheap IC chips will do that. Check the soldering job twice. That could be the problem. Clean everything, including the connectors.

Read THIS blog.

1

James
49

definitely the bottom section of cheap digitisers not being taped off correctly next to home button. Lie the new and original digitisers next to each other. To test if this is your fault lift the digitiser very slightly away from the screen from home button end (be careful not to lift too far due to the ribbon cables underneath) and try the home button lock button screen fade etc. worked for me. Switch 2 x tape pieces (one square shaped and one rectangular ) and don't forget clear spacer tape under square section. hope this helps

1

Mohammed
13

even i bough it from my trusted supplier but i end up replacing the digitizer 3 times, first i thought i it was my fault in the end i have checked both prevous flex they were damaged, i have tried to find out how it was in the first place but every time i end up with the crazy ipad jumping and selecting application, is there anyone had luck with his installation,

Regards

0

Dave
1

I've just replaced iPad mini digitizer and the LCD is totally dead. Now idea what to check. :(

0

AddDumb
71

Where are you soldering this? I am looking in the tear down and I see no mention of soldering. I see repair parts with a ribbon cable attached am I not seeing things correctly? Why make a good system worse in my opinion.

0

Andre Irigoyen
1

I am having the same issue as Dave. Does anybody knows why the LCD goes completely black after digitizer replacement?

0

Ryan Galvan
1

The problem lies with the circuits to the left of the home button. Cover all surface mounted chips and gold areas in kapton take. This will almost 100% solve the problem.

0

Michael Ketchum
1

I replaced a touchscreen on an iPad Mini, now the LCD is jumping around and it randomly selects apps. I have covered everything at the bottom inside of the touchscreen with tape, the problem stopped completely, but after 20 minutes the LCD started jumping again making it completely unusable. Has anyone else had this problem?

0

Mohammed
13

i have experienced the same issue, i have checked everything was in order, sticker, all AC were covered in proper order, after replacing the second digitizer i found out when putting the digitizer back to the frame the digitizer flex broke and there is no solution to fix, only replacement with new digitizer, i advice not to buy the cheap one as you will pay twice (BAD QUALITY)

0

Michael Ketchum
1

I bought from my usual supplier, it was supposed to be an A grade part, I paid a premium price for it, like $89.99 back when I bought it. I quit doing any repairs on the mini iPad because if the issues, I won't touch a Mini now for any repair.

0

olibroughton
1

if you remove the lcd then you have to disconnect and reconnect the battery, after replacing both lcd and digitiser the lcd work but the digitiser does not any suggestions?

We can help you with this, but it should probably be its own question. Why not ask again and provide history/detail Jessa

jessabethany,

0

psido
1

is the ipad mini and ipad mini avec ecran retina the same in repair ?

Edited by: psido ( )

iPad mini and retina can both use the same digitizer, however the digitizer ic is different. home flex taping issues are the same

jessabethany,