0

Aus
43

Why people buy USED / WATER DAMAGED iPhones?

Hello!

I'm currently trying to start my own small business in my local area in repairing iPhones and possibly selling them in return or just repairing for friends, family, customers. But why do you some people bother with purchasing water damaged iPhones? How would they know what to repair? is it a gamble? or can they really fix it? how do they fix it? or just use everything for spare parts?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edited by: Aus ( )

@oldturkey03 thanks for the tips! what are the main parts that should be replaced, when its water damage?

Aus,

Definitely the battery, no if's, when's, or but's about it. After that the Lightning connector. From there on it's a crap shoot, depending on what symptoms are showing up. Any of the SMD components may fail if shorted out. Good job with the username :-)

@oldturkey03 Thanks again for the help! I will take a look more into this on iPhones that I have that have water damage.

Aus,

1

Aus, the answer to all your questions is simply yes. They can be repaired, sometimes, depending on the extend of the damage, it can be as simple as a bad battery, bad USB charging "fuse" to as complicated as the PMIC and other logic board issues. Those are the phones one can try to sell for parts, the rest is fixable with the right tools, knowledge and access to replacement parts. Those, next to broken LCD's, will most likely be the bulk of your repair business. Hope this helps, good luck.