0

jeffrey bargsten
1

what's the best operating system that I can upgrade to

I currently have the mac os x 10.4 operating system and i want to upgrade to the newer operating system can you tell me what the best software that i can buy to upgrade to the current up to date mac os x?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , machead3 ( )

0

rj713

The best you can buy for your computer is Leopard 10.5. Your machine will not run Snow Leopard. You need to max out your memory and purchase a Retail version of 10.5. I would buy it from Apple as they are still selling it for $129. Call the store and ask for it. Make sure they understand you have a PPC machine and want Leopard not Snow Leopard. Your macine has 512 MB installed and will take a 1GB stick to make a total of 1.5 GB. Ralph

Edited by: rj713 ( )

4

mayer

Go with the 10.5 upgrade. Do a search on eBay for "10.5 & software & upgrade". This only works if you have 10.4 installed. Any version will do as the updates from Apple are free. You do lose the ability to run system 9 in Classic mode after going to 10.5.

The system requirements are:

Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard requires:

A Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or Power PC G4 (867 MHz or faster) processor

512 MB memory or more

A DVD drive for installation

9 GB of available disk space or more

The upgrade is cheaper. If you can't find one for $40.00 or under, click on my icon and go to my website and email me. I'll sell you a working used Factory copy (original) for $40.00 plus postage

mayer,

I agree the upgrade is cheaper--for some reason I always seem to think the OP does not have the base disk. Good point + Ralph

rj713,

0

Gary
1

I bought a DVD 10.5 leopard on ebay but it says iMac and wont work on my G4 iBook, can you tell me which DVD i need to get

Thankyou