0

Dannybanach
1

Power button not working after screen repair

After replacing the front screen of my ipad mini, the power button stopped working. if i press long i can turn it off, it also works when i put it off, to turn on. but not to lock the screen. any help will be appreciated..

thanks

'

Daniel

4

Ziggy
49

it is a bad solder joint on the home flex.

the home flex is also the lock sensors for the smart cover.

if it does not have a complete connection then the lock function of the on/off button will not work

2

James
49

this is why, no tape on aftermarket digitisers, switch over from old to new digitiser (see picture)

1

CraZfingers
91

I had the same issue and resolved it by re-touching my solder work on the home button flex ribbon - (the smaller set of joints that attach to the glass)

1

James
49

Switch the tape across as pictured above. It 100% worked for me. Put the old and new digitiser side by side and you will see the difference. I believe the metal frame makes a contact with the home button flex causing it to think it's always pressed.

0

rioschris87
1

I'm have the same exact issue too. Did you find the a fix for this?

Edited by: rioschris87 ( )

0

donmoron
55

not sure if this will help anyone, but i had same issue. tried restore - nothing, so i powered ipad off, and let it lie on the table for 2 days. After powering on, the ipad powerbutton was working again. No idea what is causing this behavior.

0

Alex
185

I have a question for you, did you buy the full assembly screen or did you buy one bare and solder?

0

Anthony
1

same issue any answer yet?

0

John
1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFfQ433LL...

missing shield plate... check youtube

0

digimac
1

Guys, definetely, you cut the power - audio vol flex. No dub about it. You must replace the flex.

Regards.

digimac

0

Jeff Kerman
1

there seems to be alot of info on ipad replacement screens needing to have the battery disconnected for a few minutes and/or do a full reset of the ipad afterward and the back light will kick back on.

0

Craig
1

Digimac, is there anyway to fix the audio vol flex?

0

Dustin S
1

iPad Mini Checklist,

POWER OFF that device

No metal tools

Remove the long pads on the bottom of the LCD

Move tape from old screen to new screen (near the home button flex, or use a non conductive tape to cover all the exposed circuits)

If its pre-assembled and the power button is not working, its either a bad solder or bad IC Chip (you can try retouching the solder, but if its under warranty I wouldn't mess with it unless its a last resort)

Mini's give me a different problem everytime.

0

uthong
1

I bough the full assembly screen mini ipad, affter replaced, power not working

0

fixmytouch
1

James, who responded on December 31st, and Jan 11th, is the winner on this one.

We have this issue with about 10% of the iPad Mini's that me through our shop. The regular fix is that the tape transfer, as described above, is a little off centre or has begun to curl from the removal and reapplication. The solution for our shop, we've done at least 50 of these in the last few months, was purchasing a role of carbon cloth take 4 mm wide.

Edited by: fixmytouch ( )