Daren Humphries, try to get out of safe mode on your phone is to turn off the phone, remove the battery and leave it out for a few minutes. Put the battery back in and power on the phone. Safe mode should be gone. If it comes back on its own then it could be an app causing the problem. Uninstall one app at a time to check which one is giving you trouble.
How to disable Safe Mode
- Remove battery while device is on
- Leave battery out for 1-2 minutes. (I usually do 2 minutes to be sure)
- Place the battery back into the S II
- Push in the Power button to turn on
- Let device power on without holding any buttons as normal
Once the device is on the home screen, you should no longer see Safe mode displayed in lower left corner.
Hope this helps, good luck.